There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

HP technical services is a great place to work and grow a career.

Former Employee - Customer Program/Project Manager III in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Customer Program/Project Manager III in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of training and mentoring opportunities. Move at your own pace and build a career from the ground up. Management styles vary, most are true to the HP Way and encourage you to build on your experience to develop and implement programs and serviecs to build a better customer experience.

Cons

Pay is not consistant with market in all regions of the US. Women still make less than men in most cases even when experianec, certifications and base qualifications are equal. Discussions around pay inequities are taboo.

Advice to Management

Level the playing field, pay for true performance.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Back to the Basics

Former Employee - Project Manager in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Roseville, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Work/Life Balance if you're good at your own personal time management

Cons

Employee Satisfaction, No longer The HP Way

hp Executive Management doesn't have a clue

Current Employee - Technology Consultant IV in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technology Consultant IV in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been able to perform at a level that allowed me to remain employed during the past four years and beyond. But then, I also have been able to perform at a level that allowed me to prosper and therefore survive the Compaq acquisition of Digital Equipment Corporation in 1998, plus the HP acquisition of Compaq in 2002. I always seek to work with computer hardware and software solutions that have the most promise, carefully avoiding those solutions that are injust a "me-too" category to say we offer it.

Cons

Don't come to HP thinking you will achieve the salary level I have. The new mantra from Human Resources is that you will no longer receive any COLA adjustments to your salary, only the "possibility of an annual bonus, subject to the overall performance of the company". The problem with this is that individually, you have no incentive to perform at a high level as they give everyone the same bonus, or no bonus at all, if they deem revenue and profit inadequate. So, I have adjusted to this by evolving into only an "average" employee.

Advice to Management

HP Job Requisitions in JobSearcher go unfilled due to the lowball compensation offered. HP Executives continue to receive the Million-Dollar compensation increases for a company with a stock value at $ 15.00 a share. It's a cliche', but "You get what you pay for" at the individual contributor level, so don't expect much of your new hires, as they will have no training or experience for that $ 50,000 annual salary you pay them.