Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

I like working here

Project Manager (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsI work as a Project Manager (Contractor). I find the environment is not as stressed out as my past positions (which inlcude AT&T and Verizon). The work load is very reasonable. The time frame given to complete projects is reasonable. And the one thing I really like is that your team takes personal responsibility for the projects too. So you don't spend all your time nagging them to get the work done. But you still have to stay on top of things but for the most part, the people here are very easy to work with and do what they say they are going to do in a timely manner.

The projects are very interesting. You will learn a lot very quickly and there is a lot of support on the project if you bump into roadbumps.. I have a very helpful and supportive manager. They company also sponsors a lot of fun events from charities to recreational and seem to have a pretty good work life balance. For these reasons, I will be working until my contract ends. All in all I am very happy here.

ConsThe biggest issue here is everything is always up in the air. The company is going through some sort of re-organization right now. So one day, the project you are working on is above the line and all systems are go. The next day, the project is below the line and it's on hold. Several managers have left or have been re-organized, so it's hard to say where things will land. Most people who start here sit around for about a month before they get a project or direction on what to do. If you have a project, it's fine. But if you don't it's unnerving. Changes occur on a regular basis. As a contractor, I am the last to know since we don't receive company emails.

The other issue for some people is since the projects are global, you can be on conference calls at all times of the day or night. But for this, you can work remote if the calls are not during the traditional hours. (This is not the case for everyone).

But for me all, it's a nice place to work.

Good environment, but too big of a company.

Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) Boise, ID

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Flex hours, good people to work with. Cons: Too big for a change. Advice to Senior Management: Leave Mark Hurd's legacy behind. Listen to the employees. Do… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great people, hard work, low wages, information overlord

Field Service Laptop/Desktop Tech (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for less than a year

Pros: Promotions from within. This means your manager has done your job. This is rare these days, and golden for effective management. Work from home office.… Cons: Entry level pay while expected to handle job like it's your own service business. Having to order and pick up parts on a daily basis… Advice to Senior Management: Don't put lower end laptop techs in the position to cover your high level enterprise customers.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!