Hewlett-Packard

Long Career - Generally satisfied

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fair Compensation, Benefits have slipped in recent years compared to other companies

Cons

Very Stressefull, six month contract

good company

8882 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Great place to work overall!

Former Employee - Service Sales  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Service Sales in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Many opportunities to grow, great people, great leaders - the sky is the limit!

Cons

Salaries are good but better if you are male.

You have your hands full - many things will have to be done to turn the company around. Pay attention to your sales force and how "disconnected" they are - bring them together reporting to same management. There is enough outside competition - don't create competition internally. Empower and encourage! HP is made up of heroes - they will get the job done!

I like working here

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I work as a Project Manager (Contractor). I find the environment is not as stressed out as my past positions (which inlcude AT&T and Verizon). The work load is very reasonable. The time frame given to complete projects is reasonable. And the one thing I really like is that your team takes personal responsibility for the projects too. So you don't spend all your time nagging them to get the work done. But you still have to stay on top of things but for the most part, the people here are very easy to work with and do what they say they are going to do in a timely manner.

The projects are very interesting. You will learn a lot very quickly and there is a lot of support on the project if you bump into roadbumps.. I have a very helpful and supportive manager. They company also sponsors a lot of fun events from charities to recreational and seem to have a pretty good work life balance. For these reasons, I will be working until my contract ends. All in all I am very happy here.

Cons

The biggest issue here is everything is always up in the air. The company is going through some sort of re-organization right now. So one day, the project you are working on is above the line and all systems are go. The next day, the project is below the line and it's on hold. Several managers have left or have been re-organized, so it's hard to say where things will land. Most people who start here sit around for about a month before they get a project or direction on what to do. If you have a project, it's fine. But if you don't it's unnerving. Changes occur on a regular basis. As a contractor, I am the last to know since we don't receive company emails.

The other issue for some people is since the projects are global, you can be on conference calls at all times of the day or night. But for this, you can work remote if the calls are not during the traditional hours. (This is not the case for everyone).

But for me all, it's a nice place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!