Hewlett-Packard

Helpful, Delightful and Very Very Stressful

Former Employee - Technology Consultant I
Former Employee - Technology Consultant I

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Open Door policy (even the lowest entry-level employees are almost treated as equals)
- the best working environment
- employees constantly engaged through various hobby initiatives (sport clubs, music/dancing clubs, fitness gym memberships, special interest groups like programming, graphic design, etc)
- excellent work for entry-level employees just starting out in their careers

Cons

In the grand scheme of things, the employees are always the last priority. Your self-confidence and esteem will take a hit here.

The number one disadvantage of this company is that the management has no regard for employees when working overtime, weekends, holidays, as if these responsibilities are absolutely 100% acceptable, and they would even be appalled if you would protest at such duties (OT, weekend/holiday work are not paid, only compensated by day offs). Week-long double shifts and weekend work are an acceptable practice here.

And the compensation is not worth staying for too.

Let your employees know they are valued. At the end of the day, they are what will make or break this company, not metrics, not customers, not anything else.

8737 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Hardware Development Engineer

Former Employee - Hardware Development Engineer
    Former Employee - Hardware Development Engineer

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

teamwork within your direct team may vary to team/manager as each team could be managed in a different way, good working environment, training opportunities, very good job-supporting labs with lots of opportunity to enrich and broaden your technical skills/understanding like metrology lab, failure analysis lab, electro-mechanical environmental lab, EMC-ESD labs.

Cons

still confusing communication and true teamwork between cross-functional teams. Very aggressive project schedule with little room acceptable for schedule feedback. Strong office politics.

Treat all engineers and appreciate their contributions fairly, not based on core teams/skill sets "defined" for business success. All the engineers of different disciplines contribute to the business/project success, not only from the core teams.

meh

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay was decent and I was able to work from home the majority of the time

Cons

I was definitely just a number, and I felt that quality work was not rewarded

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!