Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Industry innovator that needs to find its way back to greatness

Strategy Manager (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat people - competence of rank and file is high, great diversity (of thought and ethnogratphics and demographics), tremendous opportunities to do just about any job within the company, culture of trust and respect (still, despite erosion of these values in recent years)

ConsLack of long-term investments or metrics that track/enable longer-term commitments to future business opportunities. Accordingly strategic decision-making is not up to par. Executive leadership actions pressure mid-level management to prioritize short-term results rather than supporting/enabling execution of strategic imperatives.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccelerate the course of change that Meg Whitman has started. Empower your employees to reinvigorate the innovation that they are capable of and that is the legacy of this company.

12 years wasted

Engineering Program Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The individual contributors truly care about the customer and each other. Flexible work hours is a definite… Cons: Management only looks out for them self and refuses to acknowledge anything is wrong with the… Advice to Senior Management: Never forget about how your actions and refusal to acknowledge… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Directionless mammoth organization

Technology Consultant IV (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexibility in location of work. Benefits are good, specially flexible vacation schedule… Cons: Not much in terms of overall career growth. I think its due to HPs stagnant market share.. Lags Strategy… Advice to Senior Management: Consider yourself as not a leader. Start small and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!