Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

I am thankful to work at Hewlett-Packard, which is a highly visible and globally recognized company.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  Plano, TX
Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

HP is heavily focused on quality customer deliveries and satisfaction for its quality products and services. They have many professionals that put in hours to intensely perform and are great people to work with. The employees are very supportive of one another throughout the organization.

Cons

HP is going through a season of infrastructure transitioning to better serve the customers and meet the ever changing technical environment. This should increase our growth in the long term. However, due to 2 past CEOs with some unwise decisions, as well as the global economy impacts, HP is moving slowly in its growth.bWith salary reductions in 2009, followed by a slow economy, employee raises are very small, with promotions and career growth with internal job changes almost nil. Bonuses have been reduced or some eliminated.

Meg Whitman, HP’s current CEO is leading us with clear vision and direction for the future. However, in the infrastructure transition, it would be great to have a position that would better utilize my skills, talents, solutions, and top performance to more strategically benefit the company. I personally have applied to many applicable internal jobs for 1 ½ years, where I meet and exceed the background, experience, and requirements with no success. The internal career development process needs to be improved.

8798 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

great company, good working experience

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible working style, career advancement

Cons

not well organized, job duties are largely overlapped

consolidation

Too Big for its own good

Former Employee - Director of World Wide Business Development  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director of World Wide Business Development in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the most talented people in the industry work there. They pay well and they give bonuses at year end

Cons

You are always worried about your job-there does not seem to be stability. I had 8 bosses in 3 years..impossible to move up the chain and promotion is very rare.

Stop changing direction of the organization so frequently. Even if you have a great plan..you do not stay with it long enough to realize it

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!