I am thankful to work at Hewlett-Packard, which is a highly visible and globally recognized company.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  Plano, TX
Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

HP is heavily focused on quality customer deliveries and satisfaction for its quality products and services. They have many professionals that put in hours to intensely perform and are great people to work with. The employees are very supportive of one another throughout the organization.

Cons

HP is going through a season of infrastructure transitioning to better serve the customers and meet the ever changing technical environment. This should increase our growth in the long term. However, due to 2 past CEOs with some unwise decisions, as well as the global economy impacts, HP is moving slowly in its growth.bWith salary reductions in 2009, followed by a slow economy, employee raises are very small, with promotions and career growth with internal job changes almost nil. Bonuses have been reduced or some eliminated.

Meg Whitman, HP’s current CEO is leading us with clear vision and direction for the future. However, in the infrastructure transition, it would be great to have a position that would better utilize my skills, talents, solutions, and top performance to more strategically benefit the company. I personally have applied to many applicable internal jobs for 1 ½ years, where I meet and exceed the background, experience, and requirements with no success. The internal career development process needs to be improved.

Other Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

People are treated as an unnecessary evil. There talent is not considered and high salaries are the first people cut.

Current Employee - Customer Project/Program Manager III  in  Pontiac, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Project/Program Manager III in Pontiac, MI

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Was able to work with little restriction and therefore develop a simple theory rapid delivery organization.

Cons

Main emphasis appears to be to unemploy the American worker and higher less than qualified off-shore workers, even though the ratio is multiple off-shore to one US employee for productivity. Delivery to the customer does not invoke, accuracy or performance of software and services. Quality has been replaced by cheap labor.

Realize with more professional and qualified personnel, the performance of the deliverables is more accurate and consistant. Also, when interpertation of the specifications must be done on-shore then hand fed and continually redefined for accurate delivery off-shore there is a significant loss in profit and customer satisfication. The delivery takes longer and has more deficiences.

great company, good working experience

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible working style, career advancement

Cons

not well organized, job duties are largely overlapped

consolidation

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!