Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

hp Executive Management doesn't have a clue

Technology Consultant IV (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI have been able to perform at a level that allowed me to remain employed during the past four years and beyond. But then, I also have been able to perform at a level that allowed me to prosper and therefore survive the Compaq acquisition of Digital Equipment Corporation in 1998, plus the HP acquisition of Compaq in 2002. I always seek to work with computer hardware and software solutions that have the most promise, carefully avoiding those solutions that are injust a "me-too" category to say we offer it.

ConsDon't come to HP thinking you will achieve the salary level I have. The new mantra from Human Resources is that you will no longer receive any COLA adjustments to your salary, only the "possibility of an annual bonus, subject to the overall performance of the company". The problem with this is that individually, you have no incentive to perform at a high level as they give everyone the same bonus, or no bonus at all, if they deem revenue and profit inadequate. So, I have adjusted to this by evolving into only an "average" employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementHP Job Requisitions in JobSearcher go unfilled due to the lowball compensation offered. HP Executives continue to receive the Million-Dollar compensation increases for a company with a stock value at $ 15.00 a share. It's a cliche', but "You get what you pay for" at the individual contributor level, so don't expect much of your new hires, as they will have no training or experience for that $ 50,000 annual salary you pay them.

Ok but not a great company to work for

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Stable job but not a great company to work for Cons: Do not take care of employees, dont provide raises or… Advice to Senior Management: take care of employees that have been with you for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

This was a terrible experience.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros: None. This was awful. There were decent career advancement opportunities,… Cons: They treated me horribly, so I quit after 18 months.… Advice to Senior Management: Get new management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!