Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Not a clue about how to treat their employees!!

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Camp Hill, PA

ProsWas a job I had for over 4 years during the "Great Recession" it was nice to have a job.

ConsPaid 20 -30K below median pay scale. Treated very poorly. Very low scale on the job training. Felt like a number. Some areas were managed like a fraternity/high school clique. Management by fear. Annual pay increases did not occur three out of the 4 years employed there. Never felt as if the ship was being steered in the right direction.

Case and point, HP had 3 CEO's in two years. HP has not come up with any new innovations to propel them forward or capitalize on any of their company purchases. Examples include: the BILLIONS of dollars used to purchase EDS, that was a bust. The stock prices went in the toilet over that one, and the Autonomy debacle also has caused serious doubts about board decisions. They spent more money making bad financial decisions when they should have been pumping those monies into R and D, Management training. and annual salary increases. Definitely not a good employment choice.

Advice to Senior ManagementReinvent from the top down, make good financial decisions, accept blame and take personal responsibility when making any decision. Listen to your employees more deeply, and pay them fairly based on the work level and results provided. Pray that your company is around in 50 years or someone like Oracle will own you.

hp Executive Management doesn't have a clue

Technology Consultant IV (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I have been able to perform at a level that allowed me to remain employed during the past four years and beyond. But then,… Cons: Don't come to HP thinking you will achieve the salary level I have. The new mantra from Human Resources is that you will no… Advice to Senior Management: HP Job Requisitions in JobSearcher go unfilled due to the lowball compensation offered. HP Executives continue to receive the Million-Dollar compensation increases for a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

This was a terrible experience.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros: None. This was awful. There were decent career advancement opportunities,… Cons: They treated me horribly, so I quit after 18 months.… Advice to Senior Management: Get new management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!