Hewlett-Packard

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Corvallis, Oregon site

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Corvallis, OR
Former Employee - Process Engineer in Corvallis, OR

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, small town for raising kids, great college athletics, quality college education local, little to no traffic, decent downtown shopping, fairs and festivals, diversity friendly

Cons

High property taxes, larger cities some distance drive, too quiet after hours, no mall

drive change, diversify product development

9924 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

If not for the excecutive-level scandals and financial fiascoes this would be the dream job I've always lived for.

Current Employee - Systems/Software Engineer VII in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Systems/Software Engineer VII in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very supportive, very open, and highly creative jobs are everywhere in HP. Management in most organizations listens and advocates for their employees. After all these years of contraction I can say definitively there is nobody left in my business area who isn't an extremely hard and motivated worker, ...the dead wood has been gone for years (except for some new acquisitions).

Cons

Political positioning continues to cancel some of our best market-leader products so that another organization can start over from scratch and product something 5 years behind the times. Once in a long while this gamble pays off.. ...but usually not in my observation.

Listen to your experienced people, they are your wisdom holders.

Challenging projects, Flexible hours, friendly & caring co-workers

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

My time at HP was rather enjoyable mainly because of the people. For most of the part, HP tends to hire good people who are knowledgeable in the area of their work, responsible, friendly and caring individuals. I strongly feel those are the important element of a good place to work.

Cons

Too many restructuring or reorganizing projects that led to lots of busy work but not necessarily productive or align with company objectives. Because of changing environment, long-term projects suffer cuts, changing objectives and losing talents.

There are many talented people at HP but the company need to find ways to keep them happy with better incentives and challenging projects.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard