Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

very challenging and fulfilling career

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative IV  in  Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative IV in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great benefits, the people/co-workers are very intelligent, friendly, and willing to help and provide assistance when needed. Great synergy and teamwork

Cons

outdated internal systems that made it difficult to perform sales tasks.

8797 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

If not for the excecutive-level scandals and financial fiascoes this would be the dream job I've always lived for.

Current Employee - Systems/Software Engineer VII  in  Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Systems/Software Engineer VII in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very supportive, very open, and highly creative jobs are everywhere in HP. Management in most organizations listens and advocates for their employees. After all these years of contraction I can say definitively there is nobody left in my business area who isn't an extremely hard and motivated worker, ...the dead wood has been gone for years (except for some new acquisitions).

Cons

Political positioning continues to cancel some of our best market-leader products so that another organization can start over from scratch and product something 5 years behind the times. Once in a long while this gamble pays off.. ...but usually not in my observation.

Listen to your experienced people, they are your wisdom holders.

Challenging projects, Flexible hours, friendly & caring co-workers

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

My time at HP was rather enjoyable mainly because of the people. For most of the part, HP tends to hire good people who are knowledgeable in the area of their work, responsible, friendly and caring individuals. I strongly feel those are the important element of a good place to work.

Cons

Too many restructuring or reorganizing projects that led to lots of busy work but not necessarily productive or align with company objectives. Because of changing environment, long-term projects suffer cuts, changing objectives and losing talents.

There are many talented people at HP but the company need to find ways to keep them happy with better incentives and challenging projects.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!