Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Very comfortable environment, great work environment

Current Employee - Software Engineer II  in  Singapore (Singapore)
Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work with cutting edge technology and am able to get my hands dirty with coding the operating systems of very expensive switches. Our main competitor is Cisco and every day is a race to be better than them. My manager doesn't pressure me to deliver. I dictate my own pace of work. I get to work with complex software and I have a big role in writing code that will be in millions of advanced switches.

Cons

HP has gone through several high-level management teams in the last few years. We are still feeling the adverse effects of the Mark Hurd era and the short-lived span of Leo Apotheker's 'leadership'. We are constantly in a state of flux and our future seems rather uncertain.

You're on the right track. Stay the course.

8800 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

only six months experience.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learn more things there.

Cons

i also felt problem, but every problem has a solution.

i am always paid for my excellence.

Wonderful Company to work with

Current Employee - Technical Consultant  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work Life Balance, Flexibility of work from home, good environment, exposure to multiple technologies / processes, the colleagues are really veterans in their fields, will not find these resource pool in any other company. More are with multiple skills. Voice of the Workforce (VoW) is an annually open system where employees can rate the entire organisation, team, manager, etc. and Management takes care the concerns seriously.

Cons

Salary increments are really a concern. Seeing so many employees leave hp and rejoin with a hike or continue with HP with a counter offer. A few middle managers are pathetic in their roles.

Salary is always a concern for the employee. Cannot sustain with very minimal increment (even ashamed to tell that we got an increment) in comparison with the current inflation rate of India. It seems that for getting a good increment, we need to have an offer letter in hand which is unethical as well as disturb the entire Team. Please take care of the pay and unbalance between the Team's pay.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!