Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Not a great place for innovation

Senior Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsHP is great for people with low career aspirations and strong motivation to work short hours. This is great for family life and the expectations are low.

ConsI joined HP around 2000. When I started, as a hw engineer, there were many opportunities to innovate and many people that I looked up to. In the last ten years all the main talent from the server division is gone and the moral is very low. HP is shifting to a Dell model of low-innovation and low-cost. That will be very dissapointing to anyone that is a star performer and wants to further their career. Bueracracy is high and individual contributors make very ilttle impact. In this era, it seems that the more interesting work is being done by our most progressive customers (google, amazon, msn, etc).

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out the people that under-perform and pain the remainder better. Come up with a plan to retain and reward strong technical contributors.

Discordance in the World's Largest Technology Company

Outsourcing Sales Principal (OSP) (Former Employee)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros: HP is very well tuned to personnel issues such as: benefits and work/life balance. The company… Cons: The skill of management is not what one would suspect of the world's largest technology company. They are riding high on the crest of… Advice to Senior Management: The products businesses and managed print services businesses are seemingly OK. Straigthen our the mess in TSG. The new EDS mess needs to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Used to be great... now just OK.

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros: Talented engineers. By and large the people at HP are… Cons: Carly, Hurd. Hurd only seems tolerable because Carly was such a disaster. … Advice to Senior Management: Read the "HP Way". Learn to respect R&D. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!