Hewlett-Packard
3.0 of 5 7,547 reviews
www.hp.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

Revolving door that fosters low moral and guarantees low wages.

Pre-Sales Consultant (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFlexible work hours that contribute to a healthy work and life balance, while giving growth opportunities to work with cultures worldwide.

ConsFrequent workforce reductions that keep impacted personnel at hiring salary for years if rehired; managers who blame poor business results on ever-changing strategies instead of their own lack of leadership; and lack of ethnic minorities in management roles in the United States.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove upward mobility for loyal and productive employees. Hire people for leadership roles who understand HP culture, processes, and are loyal before hiring from the outside. Don't punish the introvert who contributes more to revenue and innovation than the extrovert who always throws responsibility over the fence and seeks attention for self only.

My time at HP

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Boise, ID

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Working at HP I have had a flexible schedule. Good fringe… Cons: I currently work a for a manager that is big on micro-management there is also a lot of bureaucracy. The medical and dental coverage is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good.

Svc Info Specialist IV (Former Employee)
Manassas, VA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: IT people (from former EDS) exceptional to work with. Cons: Since buying EDS, not focused on IT, still hardware centric. More

There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman. All reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees.