Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Excellent position for gaining experience but little room for growth.

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as an intern

Pros

While at HP I learned a lot from experienced people in the company. It was also great exposure as a college student to how industry really works

Cons

As an intern I understand their are boundaries as to what responsibilities I can take on, but I felt like I was trapped. No option for employment after the internship.

Other Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Learn a lot, but not much for the salary after the second year.

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Technology and administrative matters are very well organized, like a well oiled machinery.

Cons

Technical experience is not frequently valued and requires from the employee to work hard in order to take advantage of insights.

HP: Good for average sales reps; Poor for the best reps

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

HP provides the training and time to come into your own and the support to maintain good performance. There's an opportunity to move about in the company and experience multiple positions across a 10 year span.

Cons

In sales, great performance is not commensurate with great commission. If you're an average performer, you can reliably hit your OTE +/- 5%. However, above OTE, they find a way to limit your commissions. If they don't do it in year, they'll get you on your next year's quota. In addition, they love to micro-manage, and frequently come up with ad-hoc reports that will need to be submitted. This takes away from your time spent working on sales.

Richly reward success. Don't punish over-achievers. That will only incent your best to seek work elsewwhere. Middle managers: push back on the senior executives that come up with more reporting for sales to do if they year is going poorly. That only exacerbates the downward spiral.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!