Work 24/7

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

You will get Free Ink - that is about it. Strong brand recognition outside the company and that is helpful

Cons

Bureaucratic nightmare, less pay and more work in past year, hostile work environment is encouraged, little understanding or concern for day to day tasks of individual contributors by management decision makers

Advice to Management

simplify internal systems and processes

reviews filtered by

HP Driving Away the Best and Brightest

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

HP treats great employees so badly, once they leave, they feel good anywhere. I honestly can say that this is the first company that I've worked for that I hate. I was "BORGed" through an HP acquisition.

Cons

Having to watch a formerly great company being driven into the ground. Having to listen to a clueless CEO attempt to be funny while he's driving the formerly great company into the ground.

Advice to Management

If you acquire a company, then continue to make further investments in that company. Eating the cow instead of milking it doesn't provide long term value.

What HP Way?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

It's a job. It pays just below industry average. At the end of the day you get to go home, although you keep working. Some smart people left. Mostly nice people to work with.

Cons

Forget "Invent", innovation is actively discouraged. If you are over 50, there's a target painted on your back. If you don't have 20 years with HP "classic", you are dogmeat. If you are part of an acquired company, count on HP management driving your former company into the ground, and decimation of the employees. Terrible morale! Rewards go up exponentially with closeness to CEO level. No rewards below director level.

Advice to Management

Start realizing that a technology company has to treat it's technical talent better. Stop discriminating against senior employees under th guise of cost cutting.