There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

They have done well by me

Current Employee - IT Developers/Engineer III in Austin, TX
Current Employee - IT Developers/Engineer III in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Big company provides many chances to try out new positions or work experiences. Flexible hours and work locations. New executives are turning the company in the right direction.

Cons

Bureaucratic when it comes to company wide strategy and direction. Past decade has been entirely metric driven, not people driven. Internal IT is often worried about running a clean project not getting the internal customer the needed result.

Advice to Management

The swing you are making to engage the employee and restore a great workplace is great. Keep that ball rolling!

reviews filtered by

Great company on the path to a turnaround

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

HP is one of the great, iconic companies in Silicon Valley and around the world. With Meg Whitman at the helm, the company is finally getting back its spirit and culture.

I love coming to work with such brilliant, passionate people every day. There's a renewed focus on customers, employees, innovation, and quality products, and it shows.

Leaders seem to be inspired and working from the same playbook, following through on the commitments they make.

Cons

There's a long history of poor management and sprawl to overcome, and it's a lot of work to get the company on track.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, and the focus on being "One HP" rather than a collection of disconnected business units. Our current leadership team is doing a great job with communication and transparency with employees, customers, and the media. You have a team of amazing employees rooting for you and ready to contribute to this company's great story. Keep it up!

2. Great career opportunity in the Bluegrass

Current Employee - R&D in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - R&D in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are above comparable positions in the area, flexible work schedules/locations are policy, and there are endless opportunities to shift or grow your career within the HP family, since HP is a global company. HP's commitment to "make it matter" is inspiring, and it makes me proud to work for a company that cares about our relationship to the world and all the people in it.

Cons

Local management is not always aligned with upper management, and this creates friction at times.

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep the direct communication coming. I understand where we're going under Meg's guidance so much better than I did in the 5 years I spent at HP before she came on board.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard