There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Coming to HP was a huge mistake!

Current Employee - Project Manager
Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Work/Life balance is good Can move to different jobs when they are available. Possible opportunities when market improves. Will be an explosion of turnover.

Cons

The compensation is absolutely abysmal Career growth is non-existent If you are one of the few who get promoted in a job, there is no salary bump. Really no hope for a future with HP unless pay is unimportant to you. CEO states that we are going to more of a bonus pay, but are changing bonus rules to pay less. Pay for performance is non-existent. You will do the same job as someone else but be paid 40% less if you haven't been here a long time. Not a place for young and lower paid workers because you will move up at a snails pace regardless of the work you do.

Advice to Management

Not that they would listen but... Align the salaries of CEO/upper management with the rest of the company. It is ridiculous that we have a CEO receive a 42 million performance bonus while the rest of the company has gotten a pay cut with no bonus. Many of these people are already underpaid in relation to the rest of the industry. It doesn't matter... All in the name of cutting costs

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Tough integration into HP

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Industry #1 or #2 across business lines Good talent to collaborate with and learn with Ability to grown and manage a good team

Cons

Tough integration of EDS company into HP, i.e. cultural issues Continued erosion of benefits, salaries, workforce impact current staff Most long-time HP people realize this is not the company they worked for, conditions have gotten much worse Too much focus on cost-cutting

Advice to Management

Focus on retaining employees, don't pay lip service to employees. If cost-cutting and profitability is the only motivation of the company, be honest to employees that they are not of value unless they contribute in real terms. Look at benevolence in the bad economy, not use as an excuse to cut more jobs and salaries, it will cost more in the long run.

Extremely disappointed with my career at HP

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Keep your job while the economy is still in poor shape.

Cons

They care about the bottom-line and Wall Street, not about their employees. Lay-offs, pay-cuts and forced vacation in December. I am forced to take half of my vacation in December.

Advice to Management

I predict that once the economy picks up, many talented employees will look for greener pastures.