Hewlett-Packard
3.0 of 5 7,563 reviews
www.hp.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

So far so good

Software Quality Engineer III (Current Employee)
Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for less than a year

ProsThe pay and benefits are quite good. I also have a good opinion of the people and the work environment. I started at HP as a contractor so I got to know the company. The people working at this location seem to be professional and capable. I have yet to run into personality issues. Overall a good place to work.

ConsHP has drifted from its focus and should reaffirm its root. Focus on building things to customer satisfaction. You can tell people's morale have taken a hit from being made to sacrifice while management seems to line their pockets.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have some good people working for you. Meg Whitman, the CEO, is being given the "benefit of a doubt" as she settles into a new job. This shows much trust of a new CEO by employees. Meg can earn that trust by focusing on the basic principles in the book "The HP Way": don't skimp on quality, treat your people well, focus on fundamentals, and listen to your customers. Don't use buzzwords or empty approaches like "brand management". Focus on real problems and solutions.

Self driven

Plano, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: People are great.. take the first step Cons: Not big risk takers in this company More

Fast-Paced work

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for less than a year

Pros: You get to learn a lot of technologies within a short… Cons: Sometimes it's a little too fast paced. Advice to Senior Management: Spread out the tasks more evenly over time. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman. All reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees.