Hewlett-Packard

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Self driven

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People are great.. take the first step

Cons

Not big risk takers in this company

9334 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

So far so good

Current Employee - Software Quality Engineer III in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Software Quality Engineer III in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay and benefits are quite good. I also have a good opinion of the people and the work environment. I started at HP as a contractor so I got to know the company. The people working at this location seem to be professional and capable. I have yet to run into personality issues. Overall a good place to work.

Cons

HP has drifted from its focus and should reaffirm its root. Focus on building things to customer satisfaction. You can tell people's morale have taken a hit from being made to sacrifice while management seems to line their pockets.

You have some good people working for you. Meg Whitman, the CEO, is being given the "benefit of a doubt" as she settles into a new job. This shows much trust of a new CEO by employees. Meg can earn that trust by focusing on the basic principles in the book "The HP Way": don't skimp on quality, treat your people well, focus on fundamentals, and listen to your customers. Don't use buzzwords or empty approaches like "brand management". Focus on real problems and solutions.

Great SW Company Weak Services Delivery

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architect
    Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architect

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

HP is a great company to work. People are Good. Some practice groups are very good. One can really have a good work life balance.

Cons

There's not much growth potential within practice groups. Even though you may bring great experiences, your inputs are not disseminated to leadership well enough. Pay increases Not so good.

Some great talent & experiences within Orgs & Practices could well be utilized if information is fed to Hierarchies by structured HR.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard