Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

HP needs to improve the employee retention of the right people, and let the deadwood go.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsWork-from-home allows extreme flexibility in your personal life. This is ideal for a mom that needs to take her kids to school, get nails done in the middle of the day, and wants to "sign-off" halfway through the day.

Okay benefits with matching 401(k) and other little kicks here and there.

People are nice.

Because the company is so large, you can build your network and move to different types of jobs and get lots of experience in many job functions throughout your career.

Leadership has a vision to modernize the company like rest of Silicon Valley.. Don't know realistic this is. The dead weight making decisions are "stuck" in their ways and are not thinking outside of the box. I strongly recommend watching the video on the Cynefin Framework.

ConsHP is a company that attempts to provide personal career enhancement and expertise to individuals, but there are too many barriers to achieve it. It is not an organization that seeks to reward achievers and those that work hard to accomplish results. Instead, everyone is even. If you're looking for a company where you can quickly grow on credit/merit, this is not the place for you.

The pay is below average compared to the rest of Silicon Valley. It is extremely hard to get a raise.

It is a bureaucratic organization. Process and change take a long time.

Processes are out-dated and add the time it takes to complete cycles both internally and externally.

I've observed lots of great talent leave this organization due to poor recognition. A certificate acknowledging your effort only goes so far. Productive individuals like to be compensated.

Because the company is so large, there is an odd mix of dead weight and extremely productive people. The dead weight is so lazy, the productive people have to work extra hard to make up for the people that don't do much. There are many people at HP that feel if something isn't in their job description or outside of their "normal" actions, they are not responsible. This doesn't make any sense when needing to complete activities or projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take notice of your existing talent in America. You have a lot of amazing people that work for you currently that know what makes HP tick. More and more people are leaving and the only openings seem to be offshore. The term "opportunity cost" could not apply more to this situation. You are losing great value in those you have in California and Texas.

Pleasant

Storage Engineer (Former Employee) Camp Hill, PA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: People were great to work with Cons: They outsourced my job over seas Advice to Senior Management: Keeps jobs in the United States of America No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stay away not a secure place to work

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Encourage work from home, good opportunities for training, good benefits Cons: Not very secure employment.. Management only cares about bottom line. Very quick to downsize lower level or even… Advice to Senior Management: Value your employees they are the company. Management should not out number reports.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!