Hewlett-Packard

IPG Good for Me

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Work life balance. Huge company so after you join opportunity to change jobs even if your job stagnate. I got luck and my role did evolve because I have a fantastic manager. Believe lots of respect for employees. Keep in mind I work for IPG... the more profitable group in HP.

Cons

Challenges with focus and concensus driven culture. But believe that team is open and great to work with. Little or no raises. Once you are in... not much salary movement... maybe 5% a year if you are a top performer.

To Hurd... only approve because of company's performance but should be greater value on employees (the good ones). Yes, get rid of waste but don't create a cut throat culture. The only reason good people are sticking around IS because of the nice culture even with the lower pay/opportunities. Take that away and consider that we are not really viewed as a hot or cool place to work and you'll have a mass migration.

9738 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

HP . . . Where are you going?

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Strong commitment to the work and products and services HP provides to the public and proud community. Competitive. Excellent R&D experience.

Cons

R&D is not valued any longer. Even though it pays to be innovative, HP is all about cutting costs and buying out the competition or technology, etc. instead of paying to be innovative. It's a large enough company that they could capitalize on those resources to create a truly huge innovative company, but because of shareholders and our commitment to them, the structure under which HP operates is being crippled by the managers at the helm and their commitment to shareholders and their own pockets (compensation packages promised for meeting astronomical bonuses, etc.).

Re-evaluate resources/monies committed to R&D and the innovation necessary to enable HP to truly be the innovative company it's destined to be. Within the IT arena, be flexible on the monies and resources committed to programs and new products. There needs to be the appropriate resources provided in order for new products to be successful Without this support, the HP that creates and is out front of other companies will truly be an innovative company that others will want to be a part of.

A great place to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

The people are great. Very good spirit.

Cons

Disorganized, hard to do business in the company

Get organized, improve procesess