Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

I would do it all over again!

Former Employee - Technical Solutions Supervisor  in  Conway, AR
Former Employee - Technical Solutions Supervisor in Conway, AR

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, great culture, abundance opportunities

Cons

Unrealistic metrics at times, decisions are often made without doing enough research

Offshoring may make short term financial gains but will cost a lot of future revenue. Stateside support may cost more, but you get what you pay for!

Other Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Great Company for long term career

Current Employee - Environmental Manager  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Environmental Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with HP for 15 years and have changed jobs seven times across different disciplines – Global Trade, International Tax, Mergers and Acquisitions, Sustainability and Environmental - first as a Program Manager, later as a Manager. This has kept me interested as I get bored easily. I always had managers that were very supportive. The management style is : set clear objective and then get out of the way so your employees can do their job. I like managing cross-functional cross cultural teams. This also allows me to telecommute from anywhere as long as I am willing to work odd hours and travel.

Most importantly, I find HP very ethical company that strongly believes in giving back to community and environment. I find that very rare in today’s world. As this is important to me I am really proud to work here.

Cons

Slow moving. Risk adverse. Concensus managment style often results in slow decissions.

Pretty happy with the upper managment now and with the CEO.
    Make sure that board members really care and take their role seriously, to avoid past mistakes, that set us back..

Great environment!!!

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Been with the company for 1 month. The people are intelligent, amazingly good at their jobs and extremely helpful. They want to help you in every way to grow professionally and understand your strengths and weaknesses. Benefits are incredible and free gym.

Cons

At the beginning can be a bit overwhelming with tons of information.

With Meg Whitman as CEO the majority of employees have turned around and have a lot of positive feedback which makes me hopeful.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!