Leave HP ASAP!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

It was good when I joined. People envy me as I got into HP. There was more work load balance.

Cons

Lousy pay, crazy workload, no work life balance, projects and project yet more initiatives to be implemented to cover up flaws people do, and joke of the day: Large IT company with very little IT resources.

Advice to Management

Just WFR the whole team won't you? Don't make your staff drag their feet to work. We need a life here please.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Lab Rats

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good solid co-workers who are better than the management think.

Cons

If you like working in an environment where you are treated like a cross between a lab rat and a 5 yr old then this is the place for you. With ever shifting targets and work practices it is impossible to focus on the job in hand for fear of being pulled up at a later date with an email containing the detailed analysis of your work. Right down to the number of calls handled, the % remote rate, being chastised for not taking calls on products for which you are not trained. Apparently it is not good enough to say to a customer, 'sorry I have no experience of that product'. In a recent move we are now expected to use our own internet connection when working from home as the company has stopped reimbursing home office costs. This is despite 'championing' the teleworker program, or perhaps it was one way of reducing costs again. Get them out of the office with the carrot of paying for home office costs then stop paying for it but tell them they can't come back into the office now because they sold the real estate and there's no desk space.

Advice to Management

Give the workers the credit, trust and the responsibility they deserve. You may be surprised to see that in the correct environment they respond better.

Sadly, a temporary job with no potential

Current Employee - Software Design Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Design Engineer

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

They pay salary on time. It is an easy job, since no one can keep track of real work performed.

Cons

Job insecurity, misleading communications from management and HR, employees are forced to take nearly all annual vacation at the end of December (not in the summer when their families are free and when the weather is nice), can't roll over any saved vacation, won't be paid for any saved vacation if they "WFR" (fire) you (unless your local employment law protects you -- interesting to pair this new rule with the "must take 2 weeks vacation at the very end of the year" rule), no chance to advance, no educational reimbursement, no conferences, no books, no hope for salary increases, insufficient hardware resources to do your job. Outsourcing, outsourcing, outsourcing, then site closures. No reward or recognition for hard work.

Advice to Management

Read all the other advice to management here and in the press. Have some respect. Take your money and retire.