Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Great Company for long term career

Environmental Manager (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsI have been with HP for 15 years and have changed jobs seven times across different disciplines – Global Trade, International Tax, Mergers and Acquisitions, Sustainability and Environmental - first as a Program Manager, later as a Manager. This has kept me interested as I get bored easily. I always had managers that were very supportive. The management style is : set clear objective and then get out of the way so your employees can do their job. I like managing cross-functional cross cultural teams. This also allows me to telecommute from anywhere as long as I am willing to work odd hours and travel.

Most importantly, I find HP very ethical company that strongly believes in giving back to community and environment. I find that very rare in today’s world. As this is important to me I am really proud to work here.

ConsSlow moving. Risk adverse. Concensus managment style often results in slow decissions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPretty happy with the upper managment now and with the CEO.
Make sure that board members really care and take their role seriously, to avoid past mistakes, that set us back..

Due to the vastness of the organization, your experience will depend on your group. Look for a good group.

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good benefits. Interesting perk: If you travel enough,… Cons: Hard to navigate. Make sure you have strong sponsors. More

Great environment!!!

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Plano, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for less than a year

Pros: Been with the company for 1 month. The people are intelligent, amazingly good at their jobs and extremely helpful. They want… Cons: At the beginning can be a bit overwhelming with tons… Advice to Senior Management: With Meg Whitman as CEO the majority of employees have turned… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!