Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Great Company for long term career

Current Employee - Environmental Manager in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Environmental Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with HP for 15 years and have changed jobs seven times across different disciplines – Global Trade, International Tax, Mergers and Acquisitions, Sustainability and Environmental - first as a Program Manager, later as a Manager. This has kept me interested as I get bored easily. I always had managers that were very supportive. The management style is : set clear objective and then get out of the way so your employees can do their job. I like managing cross-functional cross cultural teams. This also allows me to telecommute from anywhere as long as I am willing to work odd hours and travel.

Most importantly, I find HP very ethical company that strongly believes in giving back to community and environment. I find that very rare in today’s world. As this is important to me I am really proud to work here.

Cons

Slow moving. Risk adverse. Concensus managment style often results in slow decissions.

Pretty happy with the upper managment now and with the CEO.
Make sure that board members really care and take their role seriously, to avoid past mistakes, that set us back..

9041 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Great environment!!!

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Been with the company for 1 month. The people are intelligent, amazingly good at their jobs and extremely helpful. They want to help you in every way to grow professionally and understand your strengths and weaknesses. Benefits are incredible and free gym.

Cons

At the beginning can be a bit overwhelming with tons of information.

With Meg Whitman as CEO the majority of employees have turned around and have a lot of positive feedback which makes me hopeful.

Due to the vastness of the organization, your experience will depend on your group. Look for a good group.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits. Interesting perk: If you travel enough, they will pay for your airline lounge membership.

Cons

Hard to navigate. Make sure you have strong sponsors.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard