Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Before Carly - Great Company proud to be an HP_er/ post Carly... what a hell hole!/ Miss Bill & Dave!

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Unparalleled as a Silicon Valley garage- start-up! No matter which area you work with you will l\learn and grow!

Cons

HP used be a very employee oriented company producing many innovative products, heck they had the network market by the tail long before Cisco was even a sperm swimming up the virtual uterus! But, surprise! HP knew nothing about marketing at the time and they dropped the ball... precedent set! They should have overtaken IBM and Apple by by now!

Many excellent mid and high end managers! The Board...? They suck at making the right key decisions! advice... stick to making good horse-sensible decisions!

9924 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Wonerderful Employer

Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

HP really treat their employees with the utmost respect and they really appreciate their employees.

Cons

If hired as a contractor, when the contract ends, it will be a very sad day.

Keep up the good work and keep moving forward and treating your employees like they really do matter.

One of the best companies I've had the pleasure to work with.

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time

Pros

This is an employee focused company, not just a customer-focused company. The working environment is way above par. Interaction between management and the employees is encouraged and welcomed.

Cons

One of the biggest issues I see with this company is the tendency to relocate it's offices. One site in particular will have made 2 location moves within the past 4 years, to different parts of the country. This makes it difficult, if you are looking for permanence to your career.

I would seriously consider the impact these relocations bring upon the employee. Not all, nor even half I would imagine, of the employees can simply drop their lives and relocate to retain their jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard