Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Company no longer a great place to work

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Flexibility of work schedule (which may change as employees are being asked to go into the office)

Cons

Management does not motivate employees to perform well

High performers at one time are no longer motivated to work as there is little to no recognition of work they are doing.

9490 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Very Bad experience in TS Consulting division. Fair warning!

Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large scale projects with the opportunity to work deep in the trenches with your technical track.

Cons

I found the TS organization to be extremely disingenuous with how they handled business. I was lied to by my Project Manager and my client was also lied to several times during the duration of the project. I have a colleague who was kicked off a project for making a few mistakes, however, he had the needed skills to deliver the project successfully. HP told my team the client requested this individual to be removed from the project. However, we later found out in a meeting that it was HP's idea to remove him. So many lies...

The culture is to work around the clock. I've had meetings on Sundays to prepare for the upcoming week.

Sales will throw you under the bus any opportunity they get. You will be thrown under the bus eventually. During my tenure folks bragged about their 'scars' and how it was very common to get screwed over.

The delivery model is inconsistent. HP has failed numerous times. Lacks strong leadership when it comes to delivering multi-million dollar projects. You better be very good with regards to your skills and knowledge and hope you land a good project with a decent customer.

My position required a relatively hefty travel schedule. For the salary I was making it was not worth it, looking back in hindsight.

Employee moral was horrible.

Not really good experience overall

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Telecommuting and good people in my area to work with

Cons

No regular communication with management. No honesty

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard