I have worked for HP for over 10+ years

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities to move within different areas or change roles every few years. However these are normally lateral moves or rotations with no opportunities to advance or get promoted.

Cons

One of the pros used to be work life balance with the opportunity to work from home. This is changing for many of the employees especially in Finance. Next I will quote another review I agree with. "The finance systems and processes are much too difficult. We spend way too much time getting the numbers and making sure they are right and they "tie" between the numerous reports. Even directors, managers, and high level analysts are spending unnecessary time doing this. There is too much time wasted on internal debates that finance gets stuck in between and even need to facilitate, and that ultimately do not impact HP's overall earnings."

Advice to Management

Take actions that will truly have a positive impact on our business. Get back to being innovative and turn the company around. This involves partly listening to your employees but more on taking decisive action and tough decisions. Please giving employees the tools they need to be successful. And finally recognizing and compensating your employees fairly. .

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Support Engineer at HP

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team and training opportunities

Cons

Uncertainty about the future, big company; easy to get lost, hard to get noticed

2. great company

Former Employee - Facility Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Facility Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

company focused on people, growth from within, hardwork rewarded, employees educated with otjt and classroom. Great package for early retirement.

Cons

not alot of folks over 50 left there. The company has changed its values over the past 20 years to meet stock holder expectation vs employee focus.