Hewlett-Packard

time to go...

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people and working for HP get you meetings

Cons

Too big and behind in SW development

8800 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

So much focus on reports, dashboards and presentations to show that we're 'producing'

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Home office - able to schedule calls, meetings from home. No travel or commute - saves gas, car expenses and stress.

Cons

Home Office - but as of November 2013 most employees will be forced to drive to an HP office vs working out of the home.
    So much for work/life balance, now that folks will be stuck in traffic, contributing to pollution, traffic and have to find other ways to take care of before/after school kid care.

So much focus on making 'pretty' presentations, dashboards, bubble/cartoon reports, etc. for upper management to show that all the money being spent, resources used, etc. is achieving minute financial goals.

Took the EER and haven't been this happy in YEARS !!!
    Have so many opportunities to choose from, and the pay, work/life balance is great.

Design better, more innovative, and quality products. Design what customers (commercial, consumer) want to buy.

I have worked for HP for over 10+ years

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opportunities to move within different areas or change roles every few years. However these are normally lateral moves or rotations with no opportunities to advance or get promoted.

Cons

One of the pros used to be work life balance with the opportunity to work from home. This is changing for many of the employees especially in Finance. Next I will quote another review I agree with. "The finance systems and processes are much too difficult. We spend way too much time getting the numbers and making sure they are right and they "tie" between the numerous reports. Even directors, managers, and high level analysts are spending unnecessary time doing this. There is too much time wasted on internal debates that finance gets stuck in between and even need to facilitate, and that ultimately do not impact HP's overall earnings."

Take actions that will truly have a positive impact on our business. Get back to being innovative and turn the company around. This involves partly listening to your employees but more on taking decisive action and tough decisions. Please giving employees the tools they need to be successful. And finally recognizing and compensating your employees fairly. .

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!