Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Lack of vision

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

HP allows for a good work life balance. Maybe to much on the life.

Cons

HP engineering managers are not technical. This allows a lot of very bad ideas to be implemented.
It is very sales focused company. The message being repeated constantly is we have to meet the quarter.

At this time, I see lower level HP organizations attempting to push technologies into places where they do not necessarily fit. This is mainly due to a lack of a winning strategy at a high level. HP needs develop a strategy and then feed into the divisions what products and features they need to implement to meet that strategy. This is what Cisco does and this is why they are kicking HP's butt.

9041 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

My Opinion

Current Employee - Technology Consultant IV in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technology Consultant IV in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

HP is a great company to work for.

Cons

Been very happy with the stability of the company.

Create a better work and family life balance.

Don't go to HP to be innovators or career growth

Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are better than most companies. Your colleagues are what will keep you there but without them I would leave in a heart beat. If your manager is nice you get a warning before you get laid off.

Cons

Senior management is lacking in their direction to grow within, employee morale is down the tubes, Lack of vision by managers to grow organically.

If you want to grow organically there needs to be a company belief that it is happening. Just because someone has been in one level does not mean they can not perform the duties of another role. How do you expect employees to grow if you stifle them from growing at all. HP is same like any other giant over weight corporation, at or below market rate pay doesn't motivate. The managers with a vision continue to climb up and out of the company if they are smart the rest are probably just unnecessary people managers who are just managing people and has no plans to grow the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard