Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Fun group to work with.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsLots of very sharp people working there. Products being worked on were cutting edge and unlikely to ever be outsourced to a third world country. Friendly environment.

ConsThe group I worked with had a female manager but no female engineers. Very odd. Management didn't review progress often enough, especially with new hires. High turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpecify goals more clearly to new hires to reduce turnover. My recruiter indicated that they let a high percentage of new hires go very early. Need a better orientation program.
Female engineers generally make up around 30% of the workforce based upon what I have seen. I think I saw 10-15% at the locations where I worked.

Good company, treats down economy with layoffs.

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: People, work content, and open door management Cons: Marketshare and economy driven job security. Advice to Senior Management: Focus on targeted business opportunity to grow the company. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

This Company is Clueless

Technical Solutions Consultant II (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros: Unlimited sick time, can hurt you if you take a lot though. Great job if you have… Cons: Management here has no clue what their employees are doing on an individual level. Don't expect to get anywhere in this company unless you kill… Advice to Senior Management: Get to know the people that work for you, reward… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!