Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Very Bad experience in TS Consulting division. Fair warning!

Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Technology Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large scale projects with the opportunity to work deep in the trenches with your technical track.

Cons

I found the TS organization to be extremely disingenuous with how they handled business. I was lied to by my Project Manager and my client was also lied to several times during the duration of the project. I have a colleague who was kicked off a project for making a few mistakes, however, he had the needed skills to deliver the project successfully. HP told my team the client requested this individual to be removed from the project. However, we later found out in a meeting that it was HP's idea to remove him. So many lies...

The culture is to work around the clock. I've had meetings on Sundays to prepare for the upcoming week.

Sales will throw you under the bus any opportunity they get. You will be thrown under the bus eventually. During my tenure folks bragged about their 'scars' and how it was very common to get screwed over.

The delivery model is inconsistent. HP has failed numerous times. Lacks strong leadership when it comes to delivering multi-million dollar projects. You better be very good with regards to your skills and knowledge and hope you land a good project with a decent customer.

My position required a relatively hefty travel schedule. For the salary I was making it was not worth it, looking back in hindsight.

Employee moral was horrible.

9467 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

HP's arc of culture, performance and opportunity frequently depends on who your boss is

Former Employee - Marketing in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

*Teleworking was a norm (now being discouraged)
    *Some very bright, hardworking people
    *Salaries can be competitive

Cons

*Management can be ever-changing, both in personnel and in direction
    *Those who rise to the top can be old-fashioned and stodgy about technology
    *Layoffs and outsourcing can affect even top-performing teams

Take a hard look at whether the managers you think are great are simply great at managing up. Those in the trenches know who's being effective and who isn't. Really listen to those Voice of the Workforce surveys and then act on them. Not all value can be found in spreadsheets.

Just a Job

Former Employee - Builder in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Builder in Houston, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent Pay, Great Resume builder, Great Co workers, Diverse environment

Cons

Unorganized, discrimination, too many layoffs

What is the point of knocking non experienced computer people down if this is a place where experience should be built? Stay humble and remember you had to start from somewhere as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard