Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

I'm here until my 401k vests!

Hardware Design Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsIf you don't like your current manager, you'll have a new one within 6 months anyway. They started changing light bulbs in some of the conference rooms so you can see in them again.

ConsPromotions, raises, bonuses virtually non-existent. I've been working at the company almost 3 years, and they're more than happy to pile on senior level engineering work while still paying me entry level engineer wages.

Worse than that, entry level engineer wages that are below average for entry level engineers and were only average 3 years ago.

More recently, some of the benefits of working at HP have shifted away. Concepts like working from home, scheduling flexibility, etc. that were invented at the old HP are no longer considered acceptable.

Lost some of my vacation time due to the holiday shutdown. You see, you're forced to take vacation at the end of December. However, they can say that there is a critical business need for you to work during that time with little notice basically robbing you of your vacation time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it actually competitive to work at HP.

Life at HP

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: People focused on doing the right thing Cons: No salary increases. HP Total rewards program does not include… Advice to Senior Management: Understand what is important to the employees and get them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Stay away!!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Nice product. Lots of things to learn. Cons: Bad management. No work life balance in some department. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!