Hewlett-Packard
3.0 of 5 8,233 reviews
www.hp.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

I'm here until my 401k vests!

Hardware Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsIf you don't like your current manager, you'll have a new one within 6 months anyway. They started changing light bulbs in some of the conference rooms so you can see in them again.

ConsPromotions, raises, bonuses virtually non-existent. I've been working at the company almost 3 years, and they're more than happy to pile on senior level engineering work while still paying me entry level engineer wages.

Worse than that, entry level engineer wages that are below average for entry level engineers and were only average 3 years ago.

More recently, some of the benefits of working at HP have shifted away. Concepts like working from home, scheduling flexibility, etc. that were invented at the old HP are no longer considered acceptable.

Lost some of my vacation time due to the holiday shutdown. You see, you're forced to take vacation at the end of December. However, they can say that there is a critical business need for you to work during that time with little notice basically robbing you of your vacation time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it actually competitive to work at HP.

Life @ HP

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee)
    Manalapan, NJ

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Talented people, interesting projects, good benefits. Learned a lot… Cons: Downsizing, downsizing, and downsizing. Also lack of vision leading… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to the workers in the trenches. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent corporate culture

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Lots of tech wisdom in this company. Friendly working atmosphere. Cons: People are too quiet. Not enough communications. Advice to Senior Management: Get employees more involved Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman. All reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees.