Hewlett-Packard

Turning around

Current Employee - Director  in  Boise, ID
Current Employee - Director in Boise, ID

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Solid company, with smart, high-integrity employees. Meg Whitman is great - she is very smart and is doing the right things. Given time, Meg will get it right and turn HP around.

Cons

Lack of growth makes the environment challenging. Not all businesses seem poised for a bright future.

More autonomy in the business units. Less reviews.....we spend too much time preparing for internal reviews.

8872 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Many years of dodging the Lay-off Bullet

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, pay, flexible hours/culture (in most cases). There is a strong team spirit and my managers always had my back. Employees working from home are treated well with whatever equipment they need to do their job.

Cons

Since acquiring Compaq, where I started, HP has been cutting technology, jobs, employee social programs, and shrinking some of the finer benefits -- no more vacation carry-over, no more after-hours, on-call or holiday pay, no more discount on Employee stock purchase, and a severe slashing of 'spot awards', stock options, year-end bonuses and other incentives or pats on the back for a job well done.
    As with my peers, most of my years with HP were filled with the uncertainty of continued future employment. I was Always keeping an eye open for the next opportunity to make a lateral or slightly upwards move to dodge the next Lay Off Bullet.
    HP has systematically cut their US Sales, Support and Development teams down to the bone... to the detriment of quality, customer satisfaction and reputation.

Stop outsourcing high-tech competencies to tragically unprepared entities.
    Use what tech muscle you still have in the US to dominate the world of 3D printing.

it is a great company to work for

Former Employee - Service Segment Manager
    Former Employee - Service Segment Manager

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexibility, empowerment, great environment, open door policy.

Cons

process are too complicate, some times they take long time to make decisions, lately they run slowly. Training by your own most of the time.

Take more time to train and coach your people

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!