Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Decent company to work for

Current Employee - Consultant
Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time

Pros

Decent package and work environment, work/life balance

Cons

You may feel like just a number with so many employees

Listen to employees

9924 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

It used to be just OK, and continues to get worst

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time

Pros

All the Pros no longer exist. If you are unemployed and need a job, go for it, but don't come here if you are disatisfied with your current job since you wont find a happy place to work for in here

Cons

The company demands more and more from the employees and in return keeps taking perks away, outsourcing jobs, there is no work-life balance, etc. There are few (if any) opportunities for advancement, but when those come by they already know who is getting it before it even gets a chance to post

Focus on employee morale

Improving, could be better but it's ok right now

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The more recent years have been better. We finally have a good CEO, and the projects have become more engaging and interesting for both the company and the employees. Pay increases have been good in the past 2-3 years. The work environment is also pretty laid back; as long as you get your work done, work hours can be pretty flexible.

Cons

My career started here with pay cuts and projects that seemed to go nowhere. My pay increases have caught up after being stagnant for very long time, but I know others at HP have not be as fortunate. Many have left seeking better opportunities elsewhere, as their wasn't much room for job advancement in their positions. Only in the last 1-2 years has that changed for me to be better.

Provide more opportunities for advancement for lower-level and young people. Keep up with giving out the RSUs and other pay increases. Continue to provide a steady sense of direction and don't give up so easily.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard