There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Hewlett-Packard

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Large company, looks good on a resume. If you are a marginal employee, it will not be noticed too much.

Cons

Benefits are not among the best, even though they have a great bargaining chip with 300K employees, promotions are non-existant, as are raises. Performance based bonuses are a joke.

Remember the people that work to make this company what it is. If you take care of them, they will work hard to take care of the company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good in the beginning...

Current Employee - Project Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

It's a very dynamic environment and you'll always be dealing with new projects, new technologies, new people. Can't get bored!

Cons

No clear career path; recognition is usually a pat on the back and bonus is almost inexistent and when you earn it, it sucks; never sat down with my leader to discuss where I can get on my career inside HP; never participated on a formal training on a class to learn new things because I've never had time to do so and my client would not wait for me to be trained and my leader would always press me to "learn as you go" instead of attending classes; etc.

- Get interested in your employee's aspirations
    - Help him plot the course to accomplish the employee's objectives/goals on the company
    - Recognize the accomplishments accordingly (not just a pat on the back, but bonus AND promotions with salary increase!)

2. Business System Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Relaxed work environment
    Flex time
    Decent benefits (401k, health insurance, etc)
    Feel good factor about working for a big firm

Cons

Vague criteria defined for promotion
    Salary increases are not linear with respect to individual performance
    At time the employee tends to feel vitimized inspite of very good individual performance

Ensure that your top performers are kept happy (do not try to keep every employee happy irrespective of whether they are good performers are not for the sake of PR).

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard