Hewlett-Packard

HP Applications

Former Employee - Project Manager Senior
Former Employee - Project Manager Senior

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good for hardware and infrastructure sales and services.

Cons

Poor employee support, and poor management of application and software services.

There is a lack of application / software experience in upper managment. The take over of EDS could be much more profitable and positive if managment included experienced application people. Decisions are based too much on polics and percieved sales impact rather than rational analysis.

8737 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Good becoming worse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

No variable component in salary and ok bonus. Flexible work timings and nice work environment for a decent enough balance.

Cons

Becoming more employee unfriendly. They have started to cut one by one all the employee benefits that were being provided till now. Company is more towards in acquiring mode.

Come back to the old ways where employee interests are considered before taking any big decision which may impact them.

Good in the beginning...

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

It's a very dynamic environment and you'll always be dealing with new projects, new technologies, new people. Can't get bored!

Cons

No clear career path; recognition is usually a pat on the back and bonus is almost inexistent and when you earn it, it sucks; never sat down with my leader to discuss where I can get on my career inside HP; never participated on a formal training on a class to learn new things because I've never had time to do so and my client would not wait for me to be trained and my leader would always press me to "learn as you go" instead of attending classes; etc.

- Get interested in your employee's aspirations
    - Help him plot the course to accomplish the employee's objectives/goals on the company
    - Recognize the accomplishments accordingly (not just a pat on the back, but bonus AND promotions with salary increase!)

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!