Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Very much appreciate their professional and long standing profile

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working with HP because it's a place where my skills and experience can be fully appreciated. I've always wanted to work with HP. It is one of the most talked about companies to work for when I was in school and there after.

Cons

Striving to become leaders. So many of my professional friends have excelled in their field while working for HP. It is a very competitive place to be. I'm a very competitive person due to my athletical background.

I'm a professional with detail organizational skills. I respect my leaders and work hard to help promote them. For if I promote them to their next level, I can see myself following it their footsteps.

9729 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

HP has provided a great work experience and tools for my professional growth.

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Allows teleworking, provides high quality training inmany IT areas to compliment job role, promotes highly regarded corporate policies mean to unify the company adn raise morale.

Cons

Communication between workstream on the same account could be improved. Sometime some processes can seem beaureacratic instead fo focused on quality and customer satisfaction.

Listen to lower level employees (the worker bees) and take action on recommendations they make.

Long-tenured Marketing employee

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay relative to other local employers, solid benefits package, good attention given to employee and team development, stable employment as compared to other local employers, ability to cross-train within Marketing.

Cons

Limited upward mobility, slow-to-market (not nimble), corporate politics, constant reorgs that don't improve the organization.

Think before you reorg. It should not be a knee-jerk reaction in an attempt to address a problem; be willing to look deeper for real solutions. Remember the HP Way? Find the spark and fan it.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard