Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Elder Company Attempts Turnaround for 21st Century

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsAbsolute best thing about HP Fort Collins is the flexible work hours.

People working there will vary from team to team, but if you find the right manager your experience will be amazing.

Company is working to hire younger employees.

ConsCompany is entrenched with typical corporate habits. That is to say they have a team of actuaries who determine if we give X$ as a bonus, and Y% raises we will keep Z% of our employees where Z is some percent of all employees minus n% turnover where n is some percent some study turned up as the proper percent a company the size of HP should have.

Upper management is handcuffed by thinking of elder generations. This results in a large backlog of older employees due for promotion while younger employees must get in line. This leads to large scale turnover of younger employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher younger people into true positions of power that are able to challenge the status quo.

10 years at HP

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: You can work hard and learn a lot. There are many challenges. People want to do their best. I… Cons: Some management take decisions in general, like finishing the working from home.… Advice to Senior Management: Look at themselves. Sometimes cost savings can be found here Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros: big company, many opportunities for growth Cons: not very friendly office culture More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!