Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Engineering is a dying skill at HP

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Vancouver, WA
Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

The Engineers and peers at HP are top notch. I would gladly work with anyone on the site again. The Engineers are highly skilled and very motivated. Lower level management is doing the best that they can with what little tools that they have been given.

Cons

The company has turned it's back on the employees. We are regarded as liabilities rather than the assets that we really are. The bottom lines of the real estate and IT groups are more important than actually serving the workforce and enabling us to do our jobs.
There is a real sense that Mark Hurd hates paying to develop products and that he would much rather just buy up companies that design a product.
Benefits have eroded completely since I started at HP, and I no longer have any sense of loyalty to HP.
Most design work at HP is now outsourced.

Start realizing that your employees ARE your company. Without us, there would be no products and no revenue. We already have a steady loss of the top talent, and once the economy turns around, nothing that you can offer us will keep your key employees around.

9460 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Work hard, play hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Smart CEO who's assembled a great portfolio of enterprise solutions lead by a deep and wide management bench - highly demanding, but highly rewarding.

Cons

One of the largest companies of its kind provides great strength, but can become frustrating when accountabilities are ambiguous.

Customers see the potential, empower people to make it happen.

Sinking Ship

Current Employee - Expert Engineer in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Expert Engineer in Boise, ID

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Smart people. Generaly ethical and friendly people.

Cons

Upper level management runs show and only cares about their bonuses. It doesn't feel like they care about longterm success of company. They are dismantling company and taking it away to their mansions. They now have forced disributions of performance ranking, ie the lowest relative performers will be fired. Welcome to the rat race. The workers got a pay cut while the fat cats got huge bonuses. People who leave are getting substantial raises.

Clean your soul.