Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

HP Enterprise Services, Plano TX (formerly EDS) is disorganized, ineffective and disrespectful of employees' time.

Former Employee - Manager in Plano, TX
Former Employee - Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time

Pros

Salaries are good, people are nice, resources are plentiful and Meg Whitman is brilliant.

Cons

HP's purchase of EDS seems to have had little effect on the company. They are still nursing 40-year-old products and seem to have no ability to develop modern software in my opinion.

Develop or buy a small portfolio of modern off-the-shelf software you can slowly build out and market using up-to-date techniques as old, customized products die off.

9447 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Management does not care about the workers with longevity.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Love the people that work for HP even lower-level management in our division were pretty good. Employees are very proud people and take pride in their work.

Cons

Many of us laid off with only two weeks to exit -- jobs going to China -- even Marketing, Operations, R&D.
    They don't want older employees with good salaries and weeks of vacation even if ranked the highest level for most of my career. A well-respected, good working employee is dispensable to HP.

Think about employees left behind when getting rid of folks. Let people have more time to exit and time to use some vacation so we don't lose it and enough time to hand off work to the employees left behind. It is so stressful for them as well as the folks getting laid off and the morale of the folks I left behind is horrible.

Overall good experience. Great company to work for if you are prepared to work 16 hours a day.

Former Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The great reputation of the brand. Good engineering talent and passion for the products.

Cons

The constant change in strategy. The frustration of knowing that the products are good but the execution continues to be poor. Not much room to move up once you reach a Director level.

Return to the roots: good engineering, great products, treat people well and don't overwork the teams.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard