There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Management does not care about the workers with longevity.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Love the people that work for HP even lower-level management in our division were pretty good. Employees are very proud people and take pride in their work.

Cons

Many of us laid off with only two weeks to exit -- jobs going to China -- even Marketing, Operations, R&D. They don't want older employees with good salaries and weeks of vacation even if ranked the highest level for most of my career. A well-respected, good working employee is dispensable to HP.

Advice to Management

Think about employees left behind when getting rid of folks. Let people have more time to exit and time to use some vacation so we don't lose it and enough time to hand off work to the employees left behind. It is so stressful for them as well as the folks getting laid off and the morale of the folks I left behind is horrible.

Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

1. Excellent Company

Pros

Excellent work environment, great management, dependent on organization and team

Cons

Pay can be improved some.

2. bumpy ride, not clear the leaders or the portfolio are up to the job

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time

Pros

Chance to work on something with global impact. Global community within the company that's full of great people. Many opportunities to wrestle with extremely challenging business problems.

Cons

Size is working against it and senior management retrenching into a centralized model that discourages speed and innovation. Balance sheet and income statement are exclusively dictating how businesses must contribute, as opposed to focusing on customer needs and opportunities to deliver enduring value. Cost cutting is rampant, and too many (though not all) managers are paralyzed and political in such an environment.

Advice to Management

Pick one segment and apply HP innovation to solve a real customer problem. If there's no one segment that can have a big enough impact, seriously consider splitting the company so smaller (but still massive) divisions can innovate and grow.