Hewlett-Packard
3.0 of 5 8,209 reviews
www.hp.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

Good company, not so good for employees

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsGood managers and colleagues make HP an enjoyable place to work personally. Work-Life balance is respected here, and on my team it meant working at home when necessary and flexible working hours. Managers will give you all the resources and training you need to succeed in your role. HP is known worldwide so you have instant recognition wherever you go.

ConsHP has shifted from the HP Way culture to more of a profit machine. The growth period is over it seems and now the focus is on cost-cutting. I can agree with cost-cutting in a terrible recession, however, there comes a point when your employees deserve recognition and honor. A major downside to working at HP is that the company is too large with too many worldwide sites. This means that restructuring and layoffs are easily done, since they already have the resources offshore to quickly reorganize teams.

The annual employee survey recently said that only 45% of employees "when offered a similar position with comparable salary and benefits, would stay at HP".

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is profitable and sustaining the recession quite well. It's time to reestablish the core values and beliefs of the HP Way and recognize employees. A little does go a long way, and employee moral is a key element in company growth.

High Expectations No Appreciation..

Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros: Exposure to wide range of Business Processes Exposure to Worldwide teams… Cons: Cost cutting is the primary driver to achieve profitability Talent recognition… Advice to Senior Management: Value Employee Contributions... No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

No compensation to match skills

Boise, ID

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros: Balance of life and work is controlled by the employee and… Cons: They have removed all compensation and the only thing you get… Advice to Senior Management: Look at the overall compensation and how we recognize results. Currntly upper management has more control and ownership… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman. All reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees.