Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Where is the innovation in "Invent"?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

I felt that I was well compensated. I enjoyed the sense of team. I thought that the caliber of employee was very high.

Cons

Too politcal. Middle level management was not willing to take risks. The culture does not support innovation. HP is slow to market with leading technology.

Take chances. Create an entrepenuerial culture. Too many processes are required to get anything done with hamstrings innovation. Be less focused on the analytics and more focused on the market.

9490 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

The HP Way is DEAD

Current Employee - Program Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

HP employees are great, they are the only reason this behometh is able to function at all

Cons

Employees are not valued at all anymore. The new HP is the anti-thesis of what Bill and Dave started.
    We continue to loose benefits and salary, while Mark Hurd makes millions ($122 million in 2009)
    The values that Dave and Bill started this great company with are dead. There is no respect or valuing of individual contributors

Keep up the current management style and you'll ruin this company completely. For a company that once thrived on innovation, the current management team completely stifles any sense of creativity.

HP SC IT

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Flexibility of work schedule, some travel available, many learning opportunities.

Cons

Management ethics is poor. Its a smile and stab you in the back mentality. There is an underlying expectation that worker productivity should increase despite no rewards for employees. There is so much red tape involved in executing work that escalations often fall on deaf ears while the submitter is held accountable. There has been much discussion that the bar is being raised higher, while really its expectations are becoming more unrealistic.

Treat employees better, else the good ones will leave, and your middle managers will really struggle to pick up the pieces. The strategy of frustrating employees out of the company by overloading with work will just create a bad work environment for years to come.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard