Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Where is the innovation in "Invent"?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

I felt that I was well compensated. I enjoyed the sense of team. I thought that the caliber of employee was very high.

Cons

Too politcal. Middle level management was not willing to take risks. The culture does not support innovation. HP is slow to market with leading technology.

Take chances. Create an entrepenuerial culture. Too many processes are required to get anything done with hamstrings innovation. Be less focused on the analytics and more focused on the market.

9708 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

The HP Way is DEAD

Current Employee - Program Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

HP employees are great, they are the only reason this behometh is able to function at all

Cons

Employees are not valued at all anymore. The new HP is the anti-thesis of what Bill and Dave started.
    We continue to loose benefits and salary, while Mark Hurd makes millions ($122 million in 2009)
    The values that Dave and Bill started this great company with are dead. There is no respect or valuing of individual contributors

Keep up the current management style and you'll ruin this company completely. For a company that once thrived on innovation, the current management team completely stifles any sense of creativity.

No longer a great place to work

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Still some great people to work with.

Cons

No innovation and a misrable place to work, Mr Hurd has killed the HP Way and he has taken the soal out of the company. The company is now run by bean counters so saving a dime is what is important these days. Quality products, innovation, technology leadership, great customer experiences, all what HP used to stand for are gone. So if you are good at developing poor quality products and lousy customer experiences, this is the place for you.

Hire some real leaders. Bring back the HP way and value your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard