Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Start here, but don't stay....

Former Employee - Business Consultant
Former Employee - Business Consultant

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful place to learn, grow and leave.

Cons

Career advancements need to happen outside of the company. If advancements are offered and accepted, HR will not match the pay to the current market value or even an internal pay scale.

Learn to act like a startup again. Create pockets of innovation that are not mired in the corporate bureaucracy that hinders current growth and get back to the core DNA that was infused into "The HP Way".

9943 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

My experience is not the best at this company, as a mechanical engineer, doesn't provide for professional development.

Current Employee - Engineer in Aguadilla, PR
    Current Employee - Engineer in Aguadilla, PR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best things that this company have is the opportunity provided for personal care, it provides health insurance, a very nice gym, massage and nutritional professionals among other. The best thing I consider for working at this company is the work-life balance you have, it gives you the flexibility you need to do family activities.

Cons

Some of the challenges that I find in this company is the fact that it is very hard to get promoted if you are working with projects that give remote support. Training are short on line tutorials and are not drive towards professional career development. It doesn't give you the opportunity to do a post graduate degree.

My advice to management could be to start looking back at what was the company in the past, search for what management did to grow it to a point of glory at that time and begin to focus on that to bring the company back to those days of glory.

Average work Average experience

Current Employee - IT Developer/Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - IT Developer/Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good people at peer level -- Flexibility in work and work at times

Cons

Firefight all the time - growth is not there - bad strategies and execution. Good if you just want to work status quo

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard