Changes are painful

Current Employee - Storageworks Division
Current Employee - Storageworks Division

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good pay and decent benfits. Great people to work with and very professional environment. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Goals are set at unrealistic levels and the only feedback that I recieve from management is when I have failed to submit one of the ever changing manual reports that I have to turn in weekly. No way to truly track my performance since the system shows deals at incorrect dollar amounts and sometimes fails to post alltogether. Doing my job day to day is continually made harder by the systems that have been put in place to supposedly make everything streamlined. Making the sale is just the first step in an unbelievably complicated process for processing orders.

Set realistic goals and get a handle on performance tracking. Provide an easier process for interfacing with customers and resellers. Value individual contributors.

Other Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Just OK

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Legacy of HP way. Smart, caring, team-oriented people. Reasonable salary. Satisfying work. Global reach. Brand recognition on resume. Location in Northwest.

Cons

Layoffs. Erroding total compensation (benefits cut, vacation hours trimmed, company performance dependent variable 401k matching). Way too much work. Upper management's lack of care for people.

Develop a strategy and stick to it - way too many starts and stops. We've walked away from incredibly attractive business opportunities, then decided years later to go back again, after losing out on being in a position to drive the market.

A useful starting point for a career - but don't stay.

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Good place to start for recent college grads. Use it for experience then move on quickly.

Cons

Less than average benefits package.
    Micromanagement encouraged by all levels of management.
    Presumed incompetence by leadership of those who report to them.
    Lack of trust everywhere.

Stop treating employees like they are idiots. Trust your employees to get the job done, and reward accordingly. Eliminate all the poor leaders at your mid and upper mid tiers of management. Some VPs need to go too. Beware of the false leaders - those who put on a good show, then whip their people behind the scenes. This is a rampant problem at HP.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!