Hewlett-Packard

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Hoping to Make it Matter

Current Employee - Supply Chain Program Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Supply Chain Program Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I love HP, I have learned so much and been allowed to give in so many different ways. In the 30 years that I have been part of HP I have been given many challenges, often rewarding and sometimes frustrating but they always helped me grow.

Cons

The move from the old HP way to the current semblance of the HP way. When HP moved from company profit sharing to variable performance bonus the concept of TEAM seemed to leave HP. People became more self-centered and less group-centered.

Constant fear of workforce reductions is not healthy for the company, it tends to demotivate some people. Also bring back company profit sharing. It promotes a concept of Team that we need to embrace to be successful.

9467 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

HP Trust in Employees

Current Employee - IT Developer/Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than an year)

Pros

HP Trusts us to do the right thing. My HP bosses have been helpful in advancing my career as long as I tell them the direction I want to go. HP seems to be a very upstanding, responsible corporation.

Cons

It's hard to see layoffs. It's hard to understand layoffs when the company is making a profit. I guess the bottom line is that HP is a corporation with the main goal of giving its investors as much dividends as possible. Some blanket decisions are made as over-reactions to a situation.

Let employees work from home. It would save the company so much money in real estate, bandwidth, phone service, electricity, etc. MS Lync is a very good way of "stopping by" someone's desk.

Great place to work in this company.

Current Employee - IT Developer/Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very open environment, work ethics, highly professional and very helpful people.

Cons

IT platform is sitting on a very complex architecture, making it difficult for new entrants to get along immediately.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard