Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Interesting work, but overall company is on the wrong path.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some very good managers who care deeply about their teams and the companies.
Interesting, sometimes cutting-edge product and project opportunities.

Cons

Constant layoffs with no end in site. Lots of pressure to move jobs to offshore outsourced firms and eliminate staff in the U.S.
The company continues to struggle for growth which impacts the overall morale and spirit of the workforce.

9491 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

Thanks for the memories

Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent Benefits. Decent 401K. Can work remotely.

Cons

As part of the Software Division in the Protect space, sales slowed very much. We all knew there would be some cuts. Got the call and informed I was one of them. Ten years of experience and they kept others with no experience right out of college. All managers told me that they had no input into the decision. HP's way of letting go more talent I suppose. They sell PC's and ink as that is the only thing keeping them afloat other than cutting talent and replacing them with lower paid newbies. Example. Worked with one of the newbies in their twenties. While on the phone starts saying dude while customer is on the line. The new ones may be eager but have no soft skills. The sales has dropped even further I have been told. HP is nothing but a ink and PC maker these days no matter what their press releases say. They were too late into everything else

Well there is the management level that does reviews and little else then there are the higher ups that do not know the people and base everything on numbers. Hence why the talent pool at HP has dropped.

IT Program Manager

Current Employee - IT Program Manager in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - IT Program Manager in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people (individual contributors) to work with in just about any organization.

Cons

Sr. Level management doesn't have a clue what they need to do with their own global IT infrastructure to improve everything. We acquire companies but NEVER fully integrate any of them therefore the infrastructure and the ability to change or quickly roll out improvements or new solutions is near impossible.

The Executive's solutions to making the numbers are to lay off people. They can't implement improvements, they just lay off to make the numbers look good.

LISTEN to your employees. Lay off the dead weight in upper management before the people who are doing all the work.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard