Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

The big prize is behind the salary

Current Employee - Project Manager
Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible times, excelent work/life balance.

Cons

The salary could be better. Other companies can pay +25-30% more.

9327 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

I have had a wonderful experience working with numerous global HP partners and colleagues throughout the US.

Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I truly appreciate the flexibility in working from home or in the office setting environment that I have utilized from time to time. This company stance has allowed me to have a great work-life balance. HP consistently challenged me as a project manager where I led global teams allowing me great personal growth high consistent interactions with colleagues and partners from around the world. I love it!

Cons

Office culture can be a bit confusing and I was hired for a one-year contract, thus, a temporary employee which causes undue stress on the personal side as I have had to take the time to job search at HP and other companies. I feel like I am in a bit of limbo on what my future is with the company. Senior management tells me I am doing a great job, yet no one has come forth and hired me on a permanent basis yet.

I would strongly urge HP when they hire employees on a one-year temporary contract it should be with the thought of a smooth transition from the contract to a full time permanent employee if the employee has worked out well.

Unleashed Potential - Could be Top of Class

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Dedicated and talented employees who push and deliver results in spite of limitations. Take healthy risks with innovation at forefront.

Cons

Work-life balance and progress are constrained raising concerns about talent "burn out" and market gains.

Take risks to promote the good ideas of solid visionary talent working at any level - survey the grass roots. Check those who would strip away common sense wins for short sighted and fleeting cost reductions.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard