Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com
  www.hp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Still great employee base in some areas, but for how much longer?

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

-> Great coworkers
-> Flex hours
-> First level management is great and tries to make for an above average work environment

Cons

Cut after cut after cut from corporate is killing morale. HP corporate has taken advantage of the downturn and the employees will not forget this move. I get the imporession many people are working with one foot out the door.

To Mr Hurd and high level management, do something positive in the area of compensation this year before it's too late. We cannot afford another brain drain (mass exodus of engineers). The value of a lab is largely its employees!

8798 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

HP Field Sales Representative

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Field Sales Representative

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

World class products and cutting edge innovation. Ability to work from home provides a great deal of work/life flexability, while effectively conducting day-to-day business. Management is supportive and want to see you succeed.

Cons

There seems to be fewer opportunities to advance within HP. Management jobs at all levels have either been consolidated or eliminated, limiting mid-level upward mobility.

My overall experience has been positive; however, I'd like to see quotas set on realistic market conditions and not on the desire to increase revenue year-over-year... I know, good luck with this every happening.

Better days ahead

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Think we are past the "bad times" and headed for better days.

Cons

Recovering from restructuring, new leaders in place

Understand the value of services. HP leaders in HPES are still too hardware focused, and don't truly understand the dynamics of outsourcing.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!