Hewlett-Packard

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Summer Internship

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

When I was an intern at HP, I experienced a great level of day to day stability, low stress and manageable workload. The experience is comfortable and the compensation is fair. Excellent work-life balance, and I was given healthcare benefits even as an intern.

Cons

The experience may be a little too comfortable- I never felt pushed to demonstrate my full capabilities. It was easy to coast and get told that I was doing well. This may be just because I was an intern and not an FTE. Office culture seemed a little traditional too, and I felt out of place if I wasn't dressed in at least Business Casual.

I did not get to interact too frequently with management, my manager worked at a different HP location. I was mostly left to just complete my work and submit it at infrequent intervals so I cannot comment.

9708 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

No one I knew was stoked to come to work on a daily basis at HP.

Current Employee - Support Account Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Support Account Manager in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Huge company. Many roles reputation in the past which does not come close to the current state of affairs in the company.

Cons

Entrenched mid level management, many seem to be running out the clock or looking over their shoulders at people who want to back stab them. Very poor path for professional growth. HR completely tone deaf to employee concerns.

Too big to care

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I honestly can't think of any pros other than they pay me. But I work on such a small product I don't know what it's like elsewhere in the organization.

Cons

Bureaucratic, not such great benefits. They handled the Autonomy take over poorly. At least in my division there is no room for advancement at all.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard