Hewlett-Packard

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Summer Internship

Former Intern - Business Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
Former Intern - Business Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

When I was an intern at HP, I experienced a great level of day to day stability, low stress and manageable workload. The experience is comfortable and the compensation is fair. Excellent work-life balance, and I was given healthcare benefits even as an intern.

Cons

The experience may be a little too comfortable- I never felt pushed to demonstrate my full capabilities. It was easy to coast and get told that I was doing well. This may be just because I was an intern and not an FTE. Office culture seemed a little traditional too, and I felt out of place if I wasn't dressed in at least Business Casual.

I did not get to interact too frequently with management, my manager worked at a different HP location. I was mostly left to just complete my work and submit it at infrequent intervals so I cannot comment.

9949 Other Employee Reviews for Hewlett-Packard (View Most Recent)

No one I knew was stoked to come to work on a daily basis at HP.

Current Employee - Support Account Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Support Account Manager in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Huge company. Many roles reputation in the past which does not come close to the current state of affairs in the company.

Cons

Entrenched mid level management, many seem to be running out the clock or looking over their shoulders at people who want to back stab them. Very poor path for professional growth. HR completely tone deaf to employee concerns.

Great experience working at a site that was formerly acquired, but no way to go up

Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

I work at a site that is solely a previously acquired company. All of the operations are a mix of HP and small business.
    -The people here are amazing. Most are local and extremely friendly/helpful.
    -As an intern, I feel like I do real work and am treated like a real employee.
    -Management is flexible with my school schedule (when not doing a full-time rotation).
    -The pay is great.
    -The point of the internship (from HP's perspective) is to hire the intern full-time when they graduate (if appropriate).
    -I have the opportunity to transfer between different teams, if possible, to gain different experiences.

Cons

-Because it operates like a small business here, there's not much chance to go up. I'm sure you can become a lead for a project or of a team, but there are only a few managers, and if they leave, there's a lot of competition for their spots.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard